Thursday, June 11, 2015

#whatsittoya? with apologies to Leonard Cohen

I dreamed there was a gold hashtag, that someone used and it raised a flag, but you don't care too much for Twitter do you?
It goes like this, the movie twist, the change one letter selfie pic, embattled tweeps all seeking #whatsittoya?
#whatsittoya? #whatsittoya? #whatsittoya? #whatsitto-oo-ya?

It felt all wrong, but you didn't care, you saw the cheap shot lying there, and flame and glory showered down onto ya
It took off like a living thing, the accolades were deafening, and from your timeline springs the #whatsittoya?
#whatsittoya? #whatsittoya? #whatsittoya? #whatsitto-oo-ya?

Girl this isn't the first time, I've blogged my brains out right online, you know I used to be on Facebook 'fore I knew ya
But remember when I retweeted you, and a million others retweeted too, and everybody knew just #whatsittoya?
#whatsittoya? #whatsittoya? #whatsittoya? #whatsitto-oo-ya?

Well there was a time, when I could count, on favs and RTs, shout-me-outs, but now that doesn't happen much, it's true, yeah
I've seen your #FFs scroll the screen, but love is not and endless feed, it's a blank and it's an empty #whatsittoya?
#whatsittoya? #whatsittoya? #whatsittoya? #whatsitto-oo-ya?

Well, maybe there's a bot above, but all I've ever learned from love, was how to block somebody who out-threw ya
But it's not a favstar cavalcade, or a haiku vampire that's got it made, it's a blank and it's an empty #whatsittoya?
#whatsittoya? #whatsittoya? #whatsittoya? #whatsitto-oo-ya?

#whatsittoya? #whatsittoya? #whatsittoya? #whatsitto-oo-ya?
#whatsittoya? #whatsittoya?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment